The LRA-01 (Large Rescue Axe) from Halfbreed Blades, is a tactical axe made ready for extreme use as an impact/MOE/Rescue tool. Designed for military personnel and first responders who require a more compact axe, the LRA is capable of devastating performance in the most demanding of environmental conditions.
The primary cutting head of the LRA-01 is razor-sharp and the spike at the business end of things is specifically designed for penetration. The LRA’s pommel is well suited for hammering and incorporates a large lanyard hole for the attachment of a carabineer or rope lanyard, whilst the G10 clad handle has been designed for multiple handhold positions to suit single or double-handed use.
Some of the tasks we expect you will use our LRA-01 for include chopping, hammering, digging, cutting, as a climbing aid, defeating locks, smashing windows & windscreens and raking out their frames, puncturing steel radial tyres, smashing steel clad doors and breaking through walls including those made of brick.
The LRA-01 is expertly constructed from Austrian K110 (D2) tool steel. This material choice was introduced by our sister brand Hardcore Hardware Australia to the impact tool category in 2010. K110 has since proven itself operationally as resilient, rugged and reliable steel for hard use applications. The LRA-01 is finished in a robust, low-viz Teflon coating.
- One-piece full tang construction.
- Austrian made 8mm Bohler K110 (D2) tool steel. The entire tool is overbuilt for outstanding longevity.
- Proprietary heat treatment process enhances the resilience of K110 (D2) to shock, yielding exceptional performance.
- Easy to maintain razor-sharp cutting edge.
- Hard-wearing, low friction Teflon coating mitigates glare and protects against corrosion. Available in black, dark earth, and ranger green colour options.
- Faceted tanto spike and blade design are optimized for medium range penetration and chopping tasks.
- US made G10 handle scales are ergonomically contoured for less abrasion with non-gloved hands.
- Bevelled edges. The entire perimeter of the handle and portions of the axe head controlled by direct contact with the hand are machine bevelled to reduce abrasion and increase comfort.
- Jimping at key points along the grip enhances handling characteristics.
- Handle scales are secured by steel torx fittings.
- Crusher pommel ideally suited for breaking glass and other hammering tasks.
- Pommel lanyard hole allows for paracord attachment.
- US made Kydex. We believe the carry system supplied with our tools is as important as the tool it protects. Each sheath is precision molded for secure retention and easy maintenance. A friction lock system holds the axe snugly in its sheath, added retention is offered via a quick release safety strap with press-stud. All LRA-01 sheaths are PALS/MOLLE compatible and come supplied with two primary attachment options including Belt & PALS/MOLLE.
- To complete the package, the LRA-01 is presented in our signature foam lined presentation case complete with warranty statement, certificate of authenticity, specifications card, morale patch, and vinyl logo sticker.
Description: Large Rescue Axe
Action: Axe / Penetrator Spike
Axe Steel: K110 D2 (55-56 HRC)
Axe Edge: Plain Polished
Axe Finish: Teflon Coated
Axe Style: Tomahawk
Axe Head Length: 2.99″ (76mm)
Axe Thickness: 0.31″ (8mm)
Handle Material: G10
Handle Thickness: 0.98″ (25mm)
Overall Length: 12.59″ (320mm)
Sheath Type: Molded Kydex / Safety Strap
Sheath Weight: 7.33oz. (208g)
Axe Weight: 33.51oz. (950g)
Overall Weight: 40.84oz. (1158g)
Mounting: Belt & PALS/MOLLE