The LBA-01 (Large Breaching Axe) from Halfbreed Blades, is a tactical axe made ready for extreme use as an impact/MOE tool. Designed for military personnel and first responders who require a full-size axe, the LBA-01 is capable of devastating performance in the most demanding of environmental conditions.
The primary cutting head of the LBA-01 is razor-sharp and the spike at the business end of things is specifically designed for extreme penetration/demolition of most common industry building materials including light steel and brick. Break chain links, defeat deadbolts, puncture steel radial tyres or cut panels from car doors – nothing stands between you and your objective with the LBA-01.
Slightly tapered and suitably textured G10 handle scales offer a virtual full handle encapsulation for maximum double-handed grip, whilst remaining comfortable during prolonged use. The extended and exposed handle pommel can be utilised as a pry and incorporates dual lanyard holes for the attachment of a small carabineer or rope lanyard.
The LBA-01 is expertly constructed from Austrian K110 tool steel. This material choice was introduced by our sister brand Hardcore Hardware Australia to the impact tool category in 2010. K110 has since proven itself operationally as resilient, rugged and reliable steel for hard use applications.
- One-piece full tang construction.
- Austrian made 8mm Bohler K110 tool steel. The entire tool is overbuilt for outstanding longevity.
- Proprietary heat treatment process enhances the resilience of Bohler K110 to shock, yielding exceptional performance.
- Easy to maintain razor-sharp cutting edge.
- Hard-wearing, low friction Teflon coating mitigates glare and protects against corrosion. Available in black, dark earth, and ranger green colour options.
- Faceted tanto spike and blade design are optimized for long range penetration and chopping tasks.
- US made G10 handle scales are ergonomically contoured for less abrasion with non-gloved hands.
- Bevelled edges. The entire perimeter of the handle and portions of the axe head controlled by direct contact with the hand are machine bevelled to reduce abrasion and increase comfort.
- Handle scales are secured by steel torx fittings.
- Chisel pommel ideally suited for breaking glass and prying tasks.
- Pommel lanyard hole allows for paracord attachment.
- US made Kydex. We believe the carry system supplied with our tools is as important as the tool it protects. Each sheath is precision molded for secure retention and easy maintenance. A friction lock system holds the axe snugly in its sheath, added retention is offered via a quick release safety strap with press-stud. All LBA-01 sheaths are PALS/MOLLE compatible and come supplied with two primary attachment options including Belt & PALS/MOLLE.
- To complete the package, the LBA-01 is presented in our signature foam lined presentation box complete with warranty statement, certificate of authenticity, specifications card, morale patch, and vinyl logo sticker.
Description: Large Breaching Axe
Action: Axe / Penetrator Spike
Axe Steel: Bohler K110 (55-56 HRC)
Axe Edge: Plain Polished
Axe Finish: Teflon Coated
Axe Style: Tomahawk
Axe Head Length: 3.23″ (82mm)
Axe Spike Length: 3.50″ (89mm)
Axe Head OAL: 7.56 (192mm)
Axe Thickness: 0.31″ (8mm)
Handle Material: G10
Handle Thickness: 1.02″ (26mm)
Overall Length: 18.43″ (468mm)
Sheath Type: Molded Kydex / Safety Strap
Sheath Weight: 8.11oz. (230g)
Axe Weight: 36.86oz. (1045g)
Overall Weight: 44.97oz. (1275g)
Mounting: Belt & PALS/MOLLE